Saturday, August 27, 2011

Eat yourself Pretty

"You are what you eat" is the phrase used to encourage people to eat healthy. I believe the key is "everything in moderation" and exercise. Although saying that, i can be naughty now and again and indulge in chocolate or other such yummy things, but i do try to eat healthily because i feel better for it.
Eating healthy shouldn't be hard or any more expensive, here are my favourite foods for looking and feeling healthy.


The importance of drinking water is widely known, from nutritionists reaping its many benefits. There are only positives from drinking water and here are just a few:
  • Water is a natural remedy for a headache as one of the causes of a headache is dehydration.
  • Water helps to replenish skin tissue, moisturises skin tissue and increases skin elasticity.
  • Drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and concentrated.
  • Helps to improve digestion
Brazil nuts are extremely nutrient-rich and contain zinc, protein, copper, niacin, magnesium, fibre, vitamin E and selenium. phew! that's a lot of nutrients. These nuts are perfect for snacking i always have some in the cupboard, they are healthy and tasty. Benefits of Brazil nuts include: they are good for your skin and digestion. You will find them in all good health food stores and supermarkets.

There has been alot of hype around Manuka Honey of late, with it fast becoming a super-food. The honey has earned a reputation as a "healing" honey, it can be taken daily for general good health but can also be used to treat wounds. New Zealand the country where the honey originates from have been using the honey in this way for years.Other Honeys fast becoming super-foods in their own right are: 
  • Chilean honey- a bug fighter with antiviral, anti-fungal, and antibacterial properties. Try ActiveH2o2ney available at Waitrose.
  • GastroMel honey - made by bees fed on a special herbal diet this aims to soothe grumpy digestive systems. Available at health food stores.
  • Melvita Lavender honey - sourced from bees that collect honey from lavender flowers, this is super calming!( melvita.com )  

    Coconut water has become a fixture in celebrities hands. The beauty boosting drink is full of replenishing nutrients, has more potassium than two bananas, and is made with 100% fresh and natural young coconut water. It is also completely fat, sugar and cholesterol free. Although you can drink coconut water anytime it is said it is best to drink it after a work out. Coconut water  is available from all good health food stores such as Holland and Barrett .
    If your not too keen on drinking water Watermelon is delicious and 92% water.


    I'm also a firm believer that if you are happy on the inside it shows on the outside. Happiness makes your skin glow.
    So i will leave you with this image of my beautiful flowers that my lovely boyfriend got me, they made me very happy and so does he :)
    What makes you smile?
    I hope you are all having an amazing weekend!
    xxx


    18 comments:

    1. wow. lovely post. im a big waterholic gorgeous. i drink like 3-4 glasses in one sitting.. like in a meal.. i love fruits too and i love honey... im inspired to post something like this too.. love this...

      im following your blog now. hope you check and follow mine too.
      http://noehs-ark.blogspot.com

      stay fabulous and spread love!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Girl!
      Thanks for following me!
      I follow back!
      misstarshiny.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love your blog!

      Follow me if you like my blog and let me know it!
      I'll follow you back. :)
      zizi
      www.zizibloom.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    4. thanks for your comment on my blog...following you now.please follow back if you like my blog. :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comment. I'll be happy to follow each other, of course. x

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love watermelon!
      Smiling is good for you too ^^
      Following your blog, hope you'll visit mine ! ;)
      Emilie xoxo
      www.thefashionfactoryco.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    7. this is such an informative post! thanks for sharing! i am now following and would love if you followed back :)))

      ReplyDelete
    8. love this post! I've been trying a lot harder to drink more water. And i'm going to have to try that honey...

      xxAttention, Attention!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Wow, all of that food looks so healthy, refreshing and delicious!! The watermelon makes my mouth water! I've heard that vita coco is really good for you, but I am yet to try it.

      Come check out my food blog for delicious recipes and great photos...and maybe follow? I will really appreciate it and I will be sure to follow back!

      www.letslivelavida.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thank you so much for this post because it's a great reminder for me to start eating healthy and not so much junk food! I agree that being happy in the inside is what matters the most! Your boyfriend is so sweet of give you so many flowers! xoxoxoo

      ReplyDelete
    11. Hi again! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. You said that you followed, but for some reason it didn't show up. Can you try following me again? I will really appreciate it. I am following you too now!!

      Maral

      www.letslivelavida.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    12. great post! this has been really helpful :)

      thanks for your lovely comment on my blog btw, i would love to follow each other!

      x

      ReplyDelete
    13. check your follower, love! im there

      ReplyDelete
    14. Great post! cool photos!
      xoxo
      Vicky
      www.styleandfashionlover.com

      ReplyDelete
    15. What a fabulous helpful and inspiring post :) I absoltuely love brazil nuts although I inherited a love for chocolate brazils of my dear grandad which isn't quite so healthy! I also love watermelon and the benefits to me from drinking just water have been amazing :)

      Sarah
      http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.com/
      xx

      ReplyDelete
    16. such a great post! :)

      katslovefashion.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    17. Great tips! I am following you on Google friend and bloglovin (n.11).
      I'd love if you could follow me back on both!
      xx
      http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    18. My problem is definitely not drinking enough water, I know it works wonders for the skin but if diet coke or water is ever a choice, it's 9 times out of the 10 I choose the coke. I'm really trying to kick myself into drinking water more often!

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks for leaving a comment I read and appreciate them all. :)