Eating healthy shouldn't be hard or any more expensive, here are my favourite foods for looking and feeling healthy.
The importance of drinking water is widely known, from nutritionists reaping its many benefits. There are only positives from drinking water and here are just a few:
- Water is a natural remedy for a headache as one of the causes of a headache is dehydration.
- Water helps to replenish skin tissue, moisturises skin tissue and increases skin elasticity.
- Drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and concentrated.
- Helps to improve digestion
Brazil nuts are extremely nutrient-rich and contain zinc, protein, copper, niacin, magnesium, fibre, vitamin E and selenium. phew! that's a lot of nutrients. These nuts are perfect for snacking i always have some in the cupboard, they are healthy and tasty. Benefits of Brazil nuts include: they are good for your skin and digestion. You will find them in all good health food stores and supermarkets.
There has been alot of hype around Manuka Honey of late, with it fast becoming a super-food. The honey has earned a reputation as a "healing" honey, it can be taken daily for general good health but can also be used to treat wounds. New Zealand the country where the honey originates from have been using the honey in this way for years.Other Honeys fast becoming super-foods in their own right are:
- Chilean honey- a bug fighter with antiviral, anti-fungal, and antibacterial properties. Try ActiveH2o2ney available at Waitrose.
- GastroMel honey - made by bees fed on a special herbal diet this aims to soothe grumpy digestive systems. Available at health food stores.
- Melvita Lavender honey - sourced from bees that collect honey from lavender flowers, this is super calming!( melvita.com )
Coconut water has become a fixture in celebrities hands. The beauty boosting drink is full of replenishing nutrients, has more potassium than two bananas, and is made with 100% fresh and natural young coconut water. It is also completely fat, sugar and cholesterol free. Although you can drink coconut water anytime it is said it is best to drink it after a work out. Coconut water is available from all good health food stores such as Holland and Barrett .
If your not too keen on drinking water Watermelon is delicious and 92% water.
I'm also a firm believer that if you are happy on the inside it shows on the outside. Happiness makes your skin glow.
So i will leave you with this image of my beautiful flowers that my lovely boyfriend got me, they made me very happy and so does he :)
What makes you smile?
I hope you are all having an amazing weekend!